Sunday, June 09, 2013

Number 2

Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears

1. swimming: Gaia and Grandpadad put us in swimming lessons when we were all very small. I started swimming on a team in Anchorage when I was 6, and swam all through high school and into college. My freshman year I went out for the swim team for my college. That year was a monumentally difficult year, for a number of reasons, including that I was in the wrong place at the wrong school for me...I remember coming back to practice after a long weekend and diving into the pool. Instead of feeling relaxed and free in the water, I felt like someone was pulling me down to the bottom. I got out of the pool and quit the team. Now, the only time I feel safe swimming, is if I'm swimming back stroke...

2. the dentist. THAT is all because of the dental psycho that Gaia took us to when I was little. He didn't thnk that children could feel pain and so all the procedures he did, were without ANY pain relief. He was a freak and I hated him.

3. the immediacy of getting on an airplane. I HATE waiting for the doors to close. Since September 11, 2001, I've stopped enjoying flying. I think it's because I realized that the world really is full of some horribly bad people.

this wasn't a fun post :o(  but I did it.
i love you,
momma

No comments: