Sunday, June 16, 2013

10

List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.

1. GrandpaDad...he was and has always been the number one person (prior to meeting Daddy) GrandpaDad has provided the life lesson discussions, the "pro/con" list, the wagging finger and booming voice, the hug, the reassurance, the insistance, the push, and the safe place for me to return to...he is amazing

2. Marj...she was my 1st grade teacher and my mentor...every accomplishment i've earned in my life, i've called her to share

3. Grandpa Arthur...the world's best grandpa, honest, serious, and devoted, with everything he accomplished in his life I always knew that he saw me and his other grandchildren as his greatest contribution to the world

4. Ms. Schoff...high school math teacher. Ms. Schoff was a surprise and kept me from losing my mind when math got too hard for me

5. Mr. Nance...middle school PE teacher and high school track coach...he coached me through
ung-dly shin splint pain, taught me how to hurdle and hurdle FAST...he was the coach that every kid should have in high school

6. Laurie...doodlebug, you are named for her, she was my childhood bestie and she left us far too soon. Cancer sucks...and Laurie never lost sense of her beautiful spirit and wonderful soul...even with cancer banging down the door at every chance...in your lives, i hope you have a friendship that nothing can effect and transcends everything, including death

7. Dulce...she was the most inclusive child i ever knew (outside of you three) and knowing that she was part of your lives too will forever bring a smile to my face

8. crazy, but true, Martha Stewart...she is a ballsy chick-total balls of steel-and i do love the decorating hints she shares...there is nothing wrong with homemade treats, decorating for the seasons and holidays, creating family traditions, and wanting those moments to be etched in the hearts and minds of your loved ones. Martha brought that to the main stream, and yes, she got burned but she came back bigger and better than ever

9. evie inspires me...every day, just like you three, she is a miracle...she just had to fight for her right to party a little bit harder than we expected...you 4 kiddos together are unstoppable

10. Daddy. everything i have, i owe to him, and everything we made together pushes me to be a better person...every day...some days i'm really good at that, others, not so much :o) but it's him it always has been him and it will continue to be him that inspires me to be the very best wife and mother that i can

loving you all,
momma

No comments: