Saturday, June 22, 2013

a double whammy because yesterday was a double whammy

so.
life has been uncharacteristically hectic for about 6 weeks and yesterday was no exception
but
i did get to close out my week celebrating a friend and her upcoming nuptials
which was nice, and fun, and needed.

bringing me to the double postage of today-for the kinder of casa h and the ridiculously small number of peeps who read this old blog omine ( i think there are 3 of you...seriously)
here we go!

Describe 5 weaknesses and strengths you have.

strengths:
1. i can whip up a meal when needed or asked...yes...this is a superhero strength for a working momma
2. i can (usually) compartmentalize my life enough to keep our family life at a dull roar
3. i am a good friend but that sometimes backfires on me
4. i am a true believer in equality
5. i am really great at curriculum development

weaknesses:
1. each of you
2. i am vulnerable and i hate it about myself
3. i put off what i don't want to do
4. i have no problem telling off my family, but struggle with telling off others who need to hear it, which probably means i'm a sucker in some parallel universe
5. wanting to be better and, not accepting myself for who i am and how i look and what i do, right now

 Describe when you knew your spouse was the one or how I fell in love.

I highlighted this part of the post because to me, it's a serious one, and it should be!


when i met daddy i was at a crossroads in a relationship that had been revived far too many times from college i had no idea what was going on in my life, but i was having fun with my friends, and that was enough

and then he walked in

in a split second after speaking to me i knew
my life was never going to be the same
ever

i heard that in italy there is a belief about true love-
that when it happens you are struck by a lightning bolt and you are never the same
the instant electricty consumes you and you become one together

that is exactly how it felt when i met daddy
he was it
the question i could not answer was what i would have with him in my life-my heart knew exactly what i would have without saying-what i realized was
without him, i would be lost

the heart wants what the heart wants
in my case it was a sunburnt US Army Ranger...
falling in love is easy guys, staying in love, will be the work of your life
remember that




always,
momma

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts...this is how i have stayed in touch with you all of these years!!!

Michelle Vaughn

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts...this is how i have stayed in touch with you all of these years!!!

Michelle Vaughn

essie said...

VAUGHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOSH
(totally all caps now)
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW VERY MUCH I MISS YOU...GOOD GRIEF!!!

Dollie is applying to schools in Florida-Sweetie-you haven't seen the last of me!!!!

Are you on Facebook?!!
love you love you love you!!!

essie said...

VAUGHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOSH
(totally all caps now)
YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW VERY MUCH I MISS YOU...GOOD GRIEF!!!

Dollie is applying to schools in Florida-Sweetie-you haven't seen the last of me!!!!

Are you on Facebook?!!
love you love you love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU, TOO!!! Sorry, no facebook...I am anti facebook for personal use. email is michelle.vaughn@comcast.net

Staci said...

So... yeah, I'm only several months behind getting caught up on your posts (and yes I'm one of the 3 that reads them) :-) I love your writing. Anyway, this one couldn't be more true.. I've always told my kids, when you meet the right person, you just know. There is no explaining it, its just this connection. And yes, at first people will say its infatuation, whatever, but you know. And yes it IS the hardest thing you ever do. Love is not a feeling, it is a choice, and once you've made that choice you have to be willing to work for it. No different then a job, or any other dream, there will be ups and downs along the way, but that's what makes it all so great. You can look back at where you were and how far you've come and you wouldn't change it for anything. Besides, who wants to start all over again and go through the same crap because you always do! Love ya Essie!