Wednesday, June 19, 2013

do you want to be a grown up...

Describe a typical day in your current life.

my life sweeties, is very busy, and while busy means i'm alive
most days
i'm so exhausted that i can hardly claim to be alive

my weekday mornings are the same-
up by 5:30
always a HUGE mug of coffee
winter coffee is milky with sugar
summer coffe is lighter without shug
i like a 30 minute uninterrupted computer splurge
it helps me keep up with those kardashians
and other world news :o)
it's dash, dress, and drive to school

where every morning i hear
something
that has someone upset, hurt, angry, frustrated and/or
furious

all that by 0800...who knew?!

life in my office slows down by 0900-for a little while-and then it's lunch
and i'm on duty or covering detention
my lunch is a gulp

the afternoons fly by, with paperwork, meetings, and problem solving
these days make me miss my old classroom
in a way i didn't know was possible...teaching is what i love
and any job you do
you should love
being an administrator is really hard work

the school bell will ring and i'll catch myself thinking
that my life is flying past me
and i am certain i'm missing something very important
and then hours later i get in my car
to come home
and start my second job

"the plight of the working mother"
grandpadad's mantra-i hate it-but i love him
balance is tough, i go overboard trying to find it, and sometimes i feel i've missed the point
however
on those rare days when the planets align
and we all sit at the table laughing and eating a spectacular meal
that i did make all by myself
it's good.
everything is good.

and that lovies, is why i'm in bed before 10pm.
i love you-go to sleep!
momma

No comments: