Sunday, June 23, 2013

5

what are your five greatest accomplishments?

1. I played the piano for far too long and participated in HUGE recitals up until I was 14 years old. I HATED the recitals...they scared the holy living daylights out of me and as soon as I could, I gave up playing the piano and didn't look back. That part...not so proud of, but getting up and playing pieces was a tremendous accomplishment

2. At 14 I was selected to join the Washington Ballet in Washington DC. Accepting the offer would have meant leaving Alaska and my family, friends, my whole life to commit to dance...I wasn't ready and I've often wondered what might have happened...if

3. I graduated from high school, undergraduate school, and graduate school! SERIOUS hard work, in each situation, but I did it!

4. I have made a fairly successful career for myself as an educator-find something that you love and do it-you will never feel like you are "working" now...that said...i think i could have a heck of a run as a baby quilt designer...i love fabric

5. I had each of you, three marvelous, diabolically creative creatures...that is, without question, my greatest accomplishment!

No comments: