Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Esther's Top Ten for 2007 and What to Expect in 2008

I've decided to make up my top ten list from 2007 and add my resolution top ten for 2008. Maybe I'm a simpleton, maybe not, but here they are for your reading pleasure AND for me to reread when I break one...

"TT for 2007"

10. There were many visits from loved ones in VA...always fantastic!
9. There were many visits to see loved ones in FL...happy reunions!
8. Home improvement took on a new meaning thanks to Maxwell, Samson, and some very
pesky moles in the yard...
7. Ben won the "Speed Stacking" tournament for 1st Grade
6. Dollie graduated from Elementary School
5. Preston won the Poetry Slam for the 7th Grade
4. I made it through the most challenging year of teaching so far-with no bruises,
and teammates who became the closest dearest friends a girl could ask for
3. Tony announced the biggest family news to date: a move to Europe
2. We packed up our life,said goodbye to NC and VA, making the move...across the pond...to Heidelberg Germany
1. Heidelberg became our new home-nothing short or a miracle, nothing short of amazing!
(+1. AND living with my family gives me grey hair-STINK!)

"What to Expect in '08"

1. To get the family eating more healthy foods-sorry, it's a life long quest of mine, apparently...
2. To relax more-like my friend *e* says "a kindler, gentler, me"
3. To travel-working on that-talk to me after Spring Break
4. To stay healthy...MAN, am I ever sick of being SICK! This should cover the exercise resolution, right?!
5. To read every night before bed
6. To write my parents every week
7. To start planning for the holidays NOW...this will absolutely help out with #2...even if it really implies that I'm somehow a little manic, or OCD
8. To finish what I start, and on Sunday, I'm starting a paper pieced quilt with a quilting class that has a European Travel theme...I've quite possibly bitten off more than I can chew and I know it!
9. To maintain a kick a** scrapbook of the crazy things we do here in Germany, as we do them, not days, weeks, months, or YEARS later
10. To keep thanking G-d for all the blessings of this life-my life-our life.
(+1. To find a hair salon that can actually DEAL with MY hair and cover up this new grey! Holy Mess!!)

Happy New Year!
umarmen und lieben,
essie

2 comments:

J said...

sounds like a good list. I'll have to make one too.

e said...

hehee...perfect list.
i so need to workout...and is it possible to get them to eat healthy?!?! yeah, i will work on that too.....
kindergentlerus ;)
loveyou.
xxe