Thursday, January 03, 2008

10 more

I went through our kitchen, after attempting to create various holiday meals with most of my kitchen gear missing (thanks to unscrupulous moving employees who know Pampered Chef when they see it), and decided that I needed to make 2008 the year of the upgrade.
I've always had a red-ish kitchen, and, I like it that way. (So no major changes in color-that-I've decided.)
Currently I'm using my favorite quilt top(previously used as our Christmas Tree Skirt) as a curtain in the kitchen. I love, lovE lOvE the scrappy vintage feel it gives my basic military prison style kitchen-paired with the red wine bottle with bamboo growing like crazy cakes, and a photo of Doodle-Bug in a mosaic frame,it's a happy place!
What I need, are cooking and baking SUPPLIES, it's almost like going back to the basics here folks with one minor problem...while I'm only Julia Child/Rachel Ray/Bobby Flay/Pampered chef in my MIND (another sometimes happy place)I do like to have what I need...I'm also operating on a beer budget (for now), a hard pill to swallow when you have champagne taste.

Sadly, I need lots and lots! Well, maybe I don't actually NEED lots and lots, but I'm wanting lots and lots, that is for certain!~

Where to start? I have no idea. This is majorly frustrating (um...do people my age say "majorly?")Give me your favorite shopping haunts and I'll start looking for:

1. baking dishes (including cast iron and/or ceramic)
2. cookie sheets
3. pots and pans (including a wok)
4. champagne glasses
5. beer glasses
6. cocktail glasses (assorted-natch!)
5. fondue set and a rice cooker (does that count as two-I think it might)
6. prep dishes
7. salad furniture (you know, the ginormous wood bowl, with stand and tongs)
8. basic white platters for serving
9. waffel iron
10. a skillet-a big skillet-a REALLY big skillet

(+1 more...a fabulous new kettle...mine is dying!)

umarmen und lieben
essie

2 comments:

christina said...

I guess you could start by checking the kitchen section of the larger department stores - up here we have Kaufhof, Karstadt etc., don't know if you have them where you are. www.quelle.de, www.otto.de and www.neckermann.de also have a good selection of kitchen stuff that you can order online. I've found most kitchen equipment, any place you buy it, to be pretty darn expensive, especially the baking stuff. Glassware can be quite reasonable, though. There are of course, kitchen specialty shops, but they'll charge you another arm and leg to go with the one you're already paying! But don't forget the flea market - I've gotten some good, barely used stuff there as well.

Don't know what kind of oven you have, but cookie sheets might be a bit hard to find, since German ovens usually come with the sheets that fit right into the sides of the oven, just as the oven racks do. And try Asian shops for a rice cooker.

e said...

I've so needed to catch up on essieness....
that quilt cutain...ooooohmygoodness....i want one...scrappy goodness is right!
do you still need cookage supplies?!?! I'll think on that.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxe