Sunday, December 30, 2007

Heard of Murphy's Law? Here's the Rule of Essie

It's new year's eve in Germany, as I post this, but because my computer still thinks it's in the States, it's not.
Go figure...

I am supposed to go to a job interview this morning-on new year's eve-
a Kindergarten job interview.
Automatically you think: "Woohoo for Es!"
Not so fast.

I've had a bad cold since we got out of school last week.
I'e tried to deal with the sore throat and nasal nasty without the use of serious medication...call me crazy, but after my nightmare experience last Spring at the hands of military doctors,in the US, I'm a teeny tiny gunshy!

** Digressing slightly: There's no telling what could happen to me here, and, um...even though we do have a medical facility on another post (which IS where I'm making Team Leader take me first), I've heard plenty of stories about people who have ended up getting medical help on the economy. Have I mentioned previously that my German is limited to getting me out of JAIL and ordering kaffe und kutchen?!! This could be an interesting start to the new year wouldn't you say?! **

Back to topic: SO, in an effort to stave off the Avian Flu or MRSA or whatever the h**l is trying to infect my body I've made hot toddies, eaten more oranges than I thought humanly possible, stayed hydrated, forced myself to eat chicken soup, drunk my way through 2 -not one, TWO- bottles of pediatric Triaminic Night Time Cough and Cold, ONLY to wake this morning

THE DAY OF THE INTERVIEW

to wake, to BOTH of my eyes fused shut.

seriously. They were shut.
I stumbled into the bathroom and managed to wipe my eyes OPEN with a water compress. Have you ever had to do that...stumble through a hallway as your cell phone alarm rings it's little bastard head off to wake your sorry butt up?
Not so fun.
(At least I didn't hit my shins or anything-wow-that wouold have really ticked me off.)

Back to the eyes; are they itchy, no.
Do I think its Pink Eye, no.
Have I any proof that it ISN'T Pink Eye, no.

Am I flippen pissed?!!
YES

Seriously...IS this my life?!
Fingers crossed this principal is going to understand and not think I'm blowing her off b/c it's new years eve. If only I could go back to yesterday, the 30th, and go to the Doctor, saving me the stress and worry that I'm avoiding right now by typing this post.

UGH @$%%!!!&###@!!!!

I think it's time to go to my "Quiet Happy Place."
back later

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sorry to hear about your dilemma! I hope you feel better soon. I have been sick before and had the eye gunk and it was not pink eye. I wish you the best of luck on your interview and I also wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR! This year has to be a great one given everything we have been through this past year. Keep in touch and I love you and the family!

e said...

ok, i'm not going to lie...i'm laughing a bit at the picture you've painted in my head...
go to the doctor...
get some good drugs...
get the good job....
and feel better soon.
i love you.
happy new year...almost. ;)
xxxe