Friday, September 22, 2006

OMG

Last night was amazing!!

For Team Leader's 41st birthday I got tickets to see .38 Special and LYNYRD SKYNYRD in concert-

Good call! No, GREAT CALL!

First, I just have to say, that if you didn't graduate from high school during the early '80's, I'm sorry. There has NEVER been a better era for high school music since then (don't get me wrong, everything up to the '80's was indeed solid gold-it's the artists who've been on the scene for 30 minutes DEMANDING that they be in various "LEGENDARY" circles that I'm done with! Earn your place in music history dammit!)

We got to the concert thinking it wouldn't start until 8ish-WRONG! .38 Special was on the floor at 7:30-sang their asses off for a full hour-can we say Rockin' into the Night, What if I'd Been the One...OMG, OMG, OMG! Awesome!


That's them up there...blogger is moving stuff around on me.

They were fantastic and got us REALLY excited for LS...REALLY excited!

The set was changed presto, chango, and the lights dimmed...chandeliers and curtains dropped, the smoke machine started up, back lights illuminated outlines of Southern Rock LEGENDS and the music began.

Team Leader started to scream his head off and this was the 1st shot I got of him:

Nice, I know.

I never claimed to be amazing, just happy for my guy!

The next photo came out like this:

Okay, I'm getting better...maybe...so let's try again:

THERE we go!

Not to be left out, I took one of OUR legendary "us" photos:


So we screamed and danced our asses off for 2 full hours of serious, serious rock and roll.

When Jonny VanZandt asked to crowd if we were "Skynyrd fans"

and the concert roared it's answer back, he kicked his head back and told us to sing it anyway we wanted and the guitars strummed....

bampt bampt dunna
bampt bampt dunna
bampt bampt dunnn
dunna dunna

It was SWEET HOME ALABAMA and I had to call Rae! It didn't matter that it was 10:30 and Steven had to wake up in 5 hours for the nastiest commute known to mankind. It didn't matter that I had NO idea if she would remember that we were at this concert. It didn't matter that she might think we were being killed when she heard me screaming "bloddy murda".

Nope. It didn't matter at all. So I did what any best friend would do. I grabbed Team Leader's phone and dialed!
Yes Rana, that is your phone call! You were at the concert. even if Steven was wishing you were asleep, and Casa Palese's phone was off the hook!

So-all my hugs and love go to Steve Palese, who answered his phone and gave his wife one minute of southern hospitality-essie style!

The show closed and Free Bird was the encore-such an amazing encore that it literally made me cry...it was a a guitar "pick off" that gave me chills and reminded me that somethings never age.

Give me CCR, Little Feet, The Allman Brothers Band, Molly Hatchett, Mothers Finest, Boston, Chicago, Lynyrd Skynyrd, SWAMP ROCK any day of the week, and I'll be happy!

For today my friends, sing your favorite song-I'm humming mine, and, before I go: the biggest thirteen year old hugs to our "Lukie Moe" who we love with all our heart! Happy Birthday Sweetie!!

hugs and love
essie

No comments: