Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hmph!

So...outside of spending what should have been a super-de-duper long weekend doing fun things, I got to clean up the debris from our bathroom ceiling-which caved in over the toilet Thursday morning!

(Thank you mother nature for the pouring rain and crazy AC-ness that is part of living in the rainy humid south!)

Kind of forgot about the weather thing down here...

I'm in such a fight with our insurance adjuster, who couldn't come out to assess the damage, b/c he was "in the country" (NEWS FLASH-we're ALL in the fricken country- idiot!)

He's MEANT to come out today-translation: I'll wait ALL day for him to show and not get all my License shit done and he'll roll in here like it's no big deal that I have a hole the size of a pilates ball in my bathroom ceiling!!!

M...F!!!

And Pinehurst is having the cutest fund raiser for their Humane Society; cat and dog sculptures (ala Cows in Chicago) that various Pinehurtians designed and decorated are ALL over historic Pinehurst. You make a donation, vote for your fav. and the dollars go to the charity!

Very good stuff!

That's what I was SUPPOSED to do this weekend with the kiddos.

Hmph to the insurance man.
Hmph to weather.
Hmph to NC and their ridiculous License shit that makes ZERO experience new teachers Highly Qualified and 15 year Veterans PROOVE their worth to an under-employed, under-paid system.

There. Now I'm feeling ready to start my day.
The coffee is kicking in and the dogs are wrestling behind me, ripping up the carpet in Dollie's room...do you think I can claim that too?

Hugs and Love
essie

3 comments:

e said...

Umm....
ARE YOU SERIOUS about the hole????
OMG.
that's sooo uncool.
ditto that sentiment to include the insurance man.... missing the sculptures....and the whole license thing....
i'm thinking i need to take you to starbucks....yes?!?!
xxxxamerica

e said...

ps.
thank God you got a blog..
:) heehee....

gabbyfek said...

ummmmmmmmm
btw
did e tell you that MY ceiling fell in over MY bathroom?
hahahahahahaha.
yes.
our water heater exploded.
good ol' NC.
and falling in ceilings.
xoxoxo,
g