Thursday, November 20, 2008

yay for you Doodle Bug!!

super-de-duper week continued...

yesterday I was admin for my 3 administrators who were all at a district wide conference. I love our office staff-could not ask for a better, nicer, all around wonderful group of folks to "steer our ship" through each school day.

my littles were wonderful for the sub, which always makes for a better day, although I'm now more than 100% convinced that there is a whole lotta crazy in some of my parents.
seriously.
some of these parents need to decide WHICH battles to pick and WHY.
It's a long long road to high school, and, picking fights with the office and teachers in FIRST GRADE...you've got to be kidding!

today, Biggers went to school, hoping to repair the 61% he had in one class with the (now) completed work in hand that his History teacher had assigned, um, wait for it,

2
weeks
ago.

I'll post photos of him when he isn't in the doghouse.
Rest assured, he IS alive, barely!

Doodle Bug was in a MUCH better place, as today was all about the doodle...
now I know this might be too much, but her father and I never got accolades like this for academics in school -sports, yes- and we did think we were pretty well rounded.
For us (essie and Team Leader)
For the time (late 70's and early 80's)
But Doodle...
Doodle is
100% balanced
school, sports, friends,
100%.
She gets it, always has, and after today, we know she always will:
*Principal's Award for 4.0 GPA
*Creative Thinking Award from the GT teacher
*Student of the Quarter from the 7th grade team (teachers)
*Captain of the Volleyball Team

THAT is how to start the school year!

Benzilla was there, who has just gotten into the math book he has worked SO very hard to finally begin, and his comment for the morning:
"Dollie has really worked hard, hasn't she Momma?"
totally making his being there even more special...

So, now that I've basically compared our sons to our daughter, understand that I do
really do
LOVE THEM ALL but this is my blog afterall, and,
today was all about shining Dollie's halo!
HOWEVER, before I sign off for today, one photo of the smallest Harrison, after a day at the groomer, notice please his blue and white striped SCARF!!!

enjoy!

umarmen und lieben all!

With Ms. El Sayed the prinicpal

Our Girl!

Ruthie (our extra!) in yellow, laughing and hiding from me
Dominique (on the other side of the cafeteria...I know, I need to take a picture taking class!)
Julia

julie, lori and e, this is for you:
4.0 GPA, athlete, tall (whoa tall, taller than TL in fact), sweet, nice, kind, and all we could want for in the first boy...I still can't wrap myself around THAT part of parenting, but I trust her and I have to say, that I like him.

4 comments:

Julie said...

YAY Doodle! We are so, so very proud of you. Wow...could you get any more awards? Keep up the great job!

And, um....not quite sure what to say about the 4.0 GPA, tall, athletic, sweet, kind (and yes, cute) boy that you are taking pictures of other than “is it really happening, Es?” Am I really that old now where my sweet, little, precious niece that use to run around saying “Toddy-Woddy-Do-Do” has a boyfriend now? Yes, she is still VERY much my sweet and precious niece, but not so little anymore. Sigh...

Julie said...

Oh, one more thing...could that dog be any cuter?

e said...

haha. julie is cracking me up.
ummm.
ditto the HOORAY for Dollie!!!!
the treehouse sends love to you dear for some serious butt kicking and name taking...hello?!?
whoa some major accomplishments there missy.
and es. thank you for the photo dear. I owe you one of the j-man's lady friend. can I just say...thank goodness you are going through this WITH me...and thank goodness our children have good taste ;) whew.
I love you.
and that dog is cute. xxxxe

gabbyfek said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaay dollie!!!!
that is amazing-ness.
love those kiddos of yours, es.
and boyfriend?!?!
HOW is that possible?!?!?
GAH!
xoxoxox.