Monday, November 17, 2008

and so the week JUST keeps getting better

I go to school and see my littles...
it's as if I've never left:
"Mrs. H-so and so hit me..."
"Mrs. H so and so was running down the hall..."
"Mrs. H I'm going away until after Christmas and Mommy says it's your job to make sure I have all my work before tomorrow."

that little nugget coming from the child in my class who
IS NOT PASSING first grade.
yup.
failing first grade.
thanks in great part to her mother, who,
never sends her child to school
has NO structure in her house,
thinks it's acceptable for little girls to THROW the 'tude at adults like NO ONE's business,
("I'll stare atchu any way I want because my Mommy says I can...")

nice
monday
morning

Later...one of my little boylies decides to pretend
(thank G-d for small miracles here)
to pee into his peach tea bottle during snack.
seriously.
he did.
and when I wrote it up and sent the discipline referal to my boss...
I inadvertantly wrote TEAM LEADER's name in the blank (they are both Anthony...a simple mistake made by a woman on meds-that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

my boss laughed and told me he thought I was messing with him when I sent the email.

nice
monday
afternoon

wait...still not done yet...

heard over the intercom at school:
"Mrs. H, you have a phone call in the office."
twice.
this is NEVER a good thing...

I run to the phone, call the office and hear our secretary yelling:
"E-call the middle school-it's your daughter!"
my cell phone rings.
It's Nurse Julie...from the middle school.
(Really, we ALL do call her Nurse Julie-she is one of the sweetest school nurses I've ever known-you would call her Nurse Julie too!)

"Mrs. H...I think Dollie broke her ankle today in gym."

umm.
WHAT?

And so it went...
from a morning
to an afternoon
to a night (it was 8pm when we got home, with only a splint, b/c orthopedics needs a call from the "Sponsor" (Team Leader) in the morning to set up an appointment)
of totally MONDAY-itis.

crap-o-la
crap-o-la
crap-o-la

can ya say it with me?!!
ergh.

5 comments:

e said...

CRAP-O-LA!
you are having my last week
this week
times 210.
whoa girl.
you need some sleep.
some better drugs.
and something strong to drink.
sending LOVE and hugs to you momma....
and kisses to poor doodle.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxe

Chrissy said...

Holy crap! Guess I can't complain!

Sending happy thoughts!

Love,
Rahn

essie said...

kisses to you both.

she slept last night (thanks the tylenol with codeine)and today, we're playing the "wait and see" game until the doctors can tell us what is next. If she gets a cast, it's 6 weeks (there goes the rest of volleyball, and Thanksgiving skiing, and Christmas skiing, and skiing. Did I mention volleyball and skiing?)
I just feel sick for her...her big worry last night:
"WHAT am I going to wear?!! I only have skinnyjeans!!"
um, so my question for ya both,
why aren't you already on a plane bringing beverages?
xoxox

Diane Mandy said...

WOW! That's some Monday.

Here's hoping your Tuesday goes better.

e said...

I WISH!
I'd be there in a heartbeat.
(however I'd have to buy beverages once there, because of the whole DRY county thing)
pooor dollie.
darn it.
I'm so sad for her. :(
please keep me updated.
I love you.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxe