Sunday, November 16, 2008

how you get one ear pierced or the one where sick children should be at home being taken care of by their parents

bitter I am.

I have been at home since Wednesday...sick as a dog.
I made it to school for half a day on Thursday, but by 12 noon, I was in the car, on my way to my sick bed.

sick, sick, sick.
Our german doctor put me on antibiotics-which basically meant she thought I was dying-because overhere, antibiotics aren't the first line of resistance. It is the "cold and flu" season right now, but I know where I got this, and who I got this from.

For the record, if I say it once, I'll say it a million times...if your child isn't feeling well BEFORE school starts, they AREN'T going to miraculously feel better as the day wears on!!!
SERIOUSLY
I am so so SO tired of parents who send their kids to school sick and then get pissy with me when I call and say
"Little Suzy just threw up, come and get your kid!"
trust me, when I say, your negligent attitude regarding parenting is only going to make me look at you twice, AND, with s scary hairy eyeball.

ergh.
sick I am.

On to the story of the single ear pierce, which goes something like this:
the birthday gift was pierced ears from Preston's buddy.
the two of them...getting pierced ears
when the boys got there they were surprised to find that the money Kevin had
for both sets of ears
would only cover the cost of
one ear
per
boy.
yup...that's right
one ear each.
In the end, that's what they did, one ear each.

We have told the boys that we will take them back to get the unpierced ears, pierced.
and...
for the record...
for my friend e...
I did have a thermonuclear meltdown when the birthday gift for the Doodle was pierced ears. She was 7 then...
and I wasn't sure she'd be able to keep on top of it...
and I was a spazz.
(e, that was for you!)

time to go take my meds for the day and get ready for school tomorrow-
umarmen und lieben
essie

3 comments:

e said...

awww. poor es.
feel better dearheart.
loveyou. xxe

Julie said...

aren't boys only suppose to get one ear pierced, or was that the thing in the past?

essie said...

the big thing now is both ears...with serious bling.

oh my.
my oh my oh my!