Thursday, October 19, 2006

In the land of Oz, your dreams can come true

Day One as a WFTP...for those of you just tuning in, that means Working Full Time Princess...
and DRA is a developmental reading assessment-in Virginia...In NC, it just means that you can read.

I got to school with wet hair, and a scrunchy (thank G-d!) wearing my uber cute outfit from my days as a Yankee Candle Hottie-with the crazy shoes which I will never wear for an entire day again!
I also managed to have Ben and Dollie with me-ha
and we three all had lunches.
Nice.
We pulled in as Mrs. Mims pulled in-Ben greeted her with:
"MY MOMMA IS A TEACHER NOW MRS. MIMS!"
Very sweet!
Mrs. Mims took me around and I got to meet a few "need to know" folks.
It was very nice and quite humbling to FINALLY get to Rockfish, and hear how happy folks were that I was joining "The Rock!"
I got to meet the new OT teacher, who laughed when I told her that I thought a good OT teacher was like a personal McGuyver, but then I realized no one could EVER fill the shoes of the original McGuyver...I miss you SOOOO much my psycho sista, aka Yoda...
And Rahn, I think I'm actually going to be YOU at this school...holy moly- now I'm Robin!

After whipping around First Grade, I spent the day with a First Year Teacher, who was having the day from hell:
Crazy behavior problem child left during lunch,
cutie patootie that I had DRA'ed (Louise tell Ann Gray I NEED HER!!!) throws up all over herself and the classroom carpet during Social Studies, newbiw teacher stands there, calls for help as I clean CP up, poor little disaster...
sweet Military Boy who is going to a new school and has to have all his records complete by 1:30 sits down with her to have his NC DRA done, she levels him at a 15 then at 1:15 REALIZES that he ended Kindergarten on a level 32.

Holy C-rap!

Okay, I did try to tell her that I really didn't think the day had been that bad, particularly when she was getting their afternoon folders ready for home and she saw that one of her cherubs had signed his own behavior letter as if he was his mother!
In purple crayon!!!!
That, I told her, was excellent!
I also told her she needed to make a smile file and put that in there.
I also told her to get the heck out of Dodge and GO HOME, before she hated Rockfish (her assistant was nodding her head in agreement, so I felt like it was fairly decent advice.)
So much for being a positive mentor!

In the land of Oz, your dreams can come true...

I wish my friend's husband would find a job here. I dont want her to move to KY...even with the jelly joke.
I wish I had written more letters to my cousin who passed away last summer. Random, I know, but I miss her.
I wish that I can be the person all these new people are expecting me to be. Um, yah, so I'm thinking that I should have taken EVERYTHING from HWES that wasn't bolted down.
I wish Samson would quit dumping his nasty ass bone chew on my lap. Yuck.
I wish I had thought to buy TiVo before today! I LOVE the new show The Nine, but can't stay up to watch.
I wish for my teacher pal and her husband and new son to have the safest, bestest, most fantastic trip back to the states from Korea EVER, and that life is happily ever after for them.
It just should be-they deserve a little slice of happy!
I wish, I wish, I wish...

I wish hugs and love for every single person I know who loves me, because I love them back!
xoxox
essie

2 comments:

e said...

nice....
little extra money for you huh?
heehee....
now i'm laughing...
what I REALLY wanted to post was I wish I could give you a big ol'hug...
but now i'm laughing....
loveyou.xxe

e said...

ok, still just me and the extra money dude...
waiting for a weekend update!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxe