Saturday, October 14, 2006

"Holy Friendship, Batman!!" said Robin

Okay- that was for you Rahn, b/c we didn't get to see each other!

Our "Surprise, you are THIRTEEN" trip to VA was a hands down fantastic success! We arrived late Thursday night, in time to celebrate the cakeness of Preston's bday with Gaia, GrandpaDad, and Dunc. GrandpaDad got the quote for the day: "Didn't we just clean all this up?!" after the kids ransacked their newly put away toys...
Oh so love that snap! So, we had cake, Preston got some new skater clothes and we all fell into bed, very tired Goldberg-Harrisons!

The next day Dollie and I woke up a "o-dark-thirty" and drove into Reston to visit friends-family actually-at HWES. It was tremendous-all the hugs and love-neither of us could have expected that much affection, but we got it and gave some back!

*side bar note: I owe my "fly mama rose" more than love, an apology actually, b/c I didn't get to see HER, which still makes me very sad and I am very sorry! Next time I come to you FIRST!!*

From the office, to Science, to Second Grade: MaryLou Flowers and DULCE, to Music, to the cafeteria, back upstairs to 5th grade and Molly Downs who had NO CLUE we were coming (as my honey Tylea keeps such a good secret and smashing fantastic Sierra who came RUNNING up to her best friend Dollie screaming her head off during a reading test...NICE!), around to GT and MY OLD CLASSROOM-holy smoke JUST doesn't seem to cover it. Tremendous, fabulous, wonderful, precious friendship and LOVE!

Wow.



Icing on the cake was seeing my Louise

- (no comments about the FACE photo-we were happy!)

and watching a certain 4th grade teacher reinact her heart exploding...

Wow.
And that was all before 2pm.

No comments: