Friday, August 17, 2007

a sweet disorder

is the title of one of my grandmothers paintings-it's a favorite of mine, and it arrived today, safe and sound!

Our dishes, all of our dishes, they didn't.
That's a problem...seriously.

HOWEVER, we do get to claim all the things that don't make it out of the hammered shut crates, and I am feeling much better about our decision to keep somethings Stateside. It was a hassle for my Mom, who is storing those things for us, but they are safe-that's what matters. So, I say, 'Goodbye' to my red, yellow, blue, and green dishes and 'Hello' to something else.

We're still waiting on our serious stuff to arrive...the 9 crates that I'm convinced will explode in our living room...the total 'YIKES' that will make "here" become "home" for our family. We do still need certain things that now (as hindsight is 20/20) I'm SOO wishing I'd picked up before we left!
Things like this little sucker

Be the first person who says they'll send the "Dirt Devil Vaccum Broom" to me (I'll reimburse you everything, including shipping-OF COURSE!) and you will get a fun, very "Green" european shopping bag with all my hugs and love, your $$ back, and tremendous thanks from all 3 kids whose chore it is to keep our hardwood floors clean!
(I'll get a snap of the bag on this post asap! It's hard to navigate German Google when you don't speak the language, but the bag is WAY cute and very, very smart! I have one and I love it!)

We also need another fabbo Target plate
Pres accidentally snapped one during what we are calling the "Peanut Butter Incident...ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies! I'm doing alright on my dryer sheets, in part because I bought 4 containers before we left and those miraculously made it with today's shipment...no dishes, but plenty of dryer sheets...hmm

Can't seem to get our hands on a basic spring rod either...I know they have to have them in Germany somewhere, I just haven't found that place yet! We have a shower stall that is literally 10 feet high, and while I'm sure there are suitable shower curtains, I don't think they are 10 feet long! (Not sure what the Army was doing the day they made this bathroom...) Hence, the need for a spring rod, to hang a regular shower curtain!

Team Leader DID get me a Euro Coffee Pot today, after ours arrived minus the actual piece you need to brew the coffee-crazy reigns supreme, I guess!

We did have a fantastic afternoon, outside in the park, after we found spots for everything we unpacked. It was sunny, and clear, perfect weather for some skateboarding and swinging. I managed a nice little latte and a trip to the library
(The Bloodstone Papers and Shoe Addicts Anonymous-can't wait!)A walking trip to the commissary (4 blocks away) for some yummy dinner-ness and that's a day in the life!

A sweet disorder, absolutely, yes!
It's all mine!

umarmen und lieben
essie

2 comments:

e said...

ok...i'm emailing soon.
so much to say...you have no idea.
ummm, if you need me to send the special broom you got it ;)
loveyou.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxe

essie said...

*e*
I can't wait!
xoxox more!
e2