Friday, August 17, 2007

Essie Fun Facts

How to slow your life down in a few steps:

1. Have your husband come home and tell you you are moving to a foreign country.
2. Freak out for a few months.
3. Start the very lengthy moving process.
4. Say goodbye to everything you know...

5. MOVE-just move.
6. Get to said foreign country, and realize that a work week is 35 hours, not 70+ hours, and that having 450+ tv channels really isn't all that it's cracked up to be, 8 is more than enough.
7. Wonder if we will EVER get the kids up before noon-school DOES start in a week!


8. Spend time outside, on walks, WITH your family.
9. Spend time outside, exploring, WITH your family.
10. Spend time outside, appreciating YOUR family.



11. Wonder what all the frantic, hectic, craziness was all about in the first place?

We registered the kids for school yesterday. Ben will be at Patrick Henry Elementary-literally 2 blocks away from our Quarters. Pres and Dollie will be over at Heidelberg Middle School, 3 blocks away in the opposite direction. Both schools have new principals-we met the new principal at Patrick Henry-WHAT I would give to get a job there! However...it's not looking too good right now...enrollment is down and other schools have been closed in Europe making those downsized teachers the first on the list for openings...frustrating, because (like in NC), I do want to work.
I love teaching. I do.
I also understand about having to "wait my turn."
All I need is my foot in the door, so, while I wait we'll stick to the last 4 steps on my little list and slow down to enjoy our life in Germany!

umarmen und lieben
**new music courtesy of Preston, and when TeamLeader comes back with my camera, more photos!**

No comments: