Saturday, August 18, 2007

love, love, love these bags!

so...getting used to blogger coming up in german...starting to recognize some words and (while I've probably just memorized the links I hit) I'm feeling like I might be getting some of this!

Here are my lovely, lovely shopping bags:
this is the bag in it's little holder-it's the size of a credit card! This is the pattern love,love,love and this is the shape
It's about as big as a large plastic bag from Safeway or Giant BUT it is made of this fantastic rip-proof nylon. Because I couldn't resist, I got this too,
It's a bottle bag-holds 9 bottles of whatever you are buying...water...heffeweissen (beer)...wine...you name it! Another great purchase was this bag This bag actually opens up and hooks onto either side of your shopping cart, you load it up, pay for your things, and load it up again to take your purchases home...fabulous for many other uses as well, but holy mess, is just too cute not to have!

What Im saving up to get is this little baby-trust me, it's going to be worth the $50.00+ I spend, the real thing is amazing!!

TL thinks I'm nuts, maybe I am, but I truly feel that by using these bags I'm making my little contribution to eliminating unnecessary waste!

umarmen und lieben
essie

5 comments:

Bek said...

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but it sounds to me that your computer has for google and blogger the German settings? That can be switched back to English easily - unless you want to get used to German:) For blogger go to your dashboard. On the right side of the menu is a scroll-down bar with SPRACHE (=language). For google itself, next to the word google is a link SPRACHTOOLS. Scroll down until you find about 100 languages listed and click on the one you want.

essie said...

Bek-
Thank you so much for the tip!

I'm trying to improve my German...not so easy now that our children have LOST my German-English dictionary! Keeping the German on the computer has helped me figure out some things, again, I think I've memorized more than I might be "learning." However, every little bit helps, right?!

Any other suggestions, feel free to share!

Sheila said...

Where do you buy the bag that folds up into credit-card size? I live in Germany and I've never seen it!

christina said...

Those are such cute bags! I recently bought a couple of those little ones that hook on to your key chain or whatever and I love them.

Welcome to Germany - hope you enjoy your stay. And if you have any questions, there are tons of expats out there to help. :-)

essie said...

Shelia: I bought them on Post, but if you go to their website, I think you can order them.
www.reisenthel.com

Christina: thank you so much for the welcome! I've been lurking on your site, and have bookmared a number of your recipes to try when our household goods arrive!