Monday, August 06, 2007

My World

the countdown has winded down...
we're marking hours now, instead of days, and this will be my last post until we are in Germany.

Germany.

That's where we are going to live.
We won't live here in Virginia, or North Carolina, Or Georgia...
all the other places we called home.
Home, is now, where the Army sends us.

Simon Raven said:
"Life is short, and the world, is wide"

The world is wide, and open, and so much bigger than we know-

I couldn't say goodbye to everyone; simply, it became too hard.
You're all so magnificent, and, part of me in everyway. Saying goodbye was like saying it's over, and I couldn't do that. I want to remember everything the way I left it: smiling, shining, glowing, full of joy-so beautiful.
All of you.

Come to Germany.
Come to visit.
Come to see, that the world is wide.

umarmen und lieben
(hug and love...literally)
essie

3 comments:

J said...

Have a good flight, and welcome to Germany.

Jenn said...

You know I will miss you as I have all summer. I could not bear to call you because I knew I would do nothing but cry and that is not what you need to hear right now. I will miss you and maybe I can get to Germany. I will definately be emailing so be checking often! I love you and Ben.

--Jennifer

Leah said...

I finally made it to your blog! I will miss you greatly this year across the hall and our little "dance party USA" sessions with the kids. Life will not be the same without the Harrison clan near. I look forward to hearing of your adventures in Germany. I will send pictures of Norah via email soon. She has gotten SO big!!!