Wednesday, January 13, 2010

no.292 breathing

or at least trying to!

so the cat is out of the bag now-
staff at school was told on tuesday
letters went home to my parents yesterday
bag is wide open
and
empty-wait
full-

i got an amazing opportunity
to work as the primary literacy coach (preK-2)
at my school
and
i took it.

loving my little Smarties like i do
made this one of the hardest decisions i think i've made in forever and 1000 years.
but i did
i decided
and telling my sweeties was hard for me.
fortunately they made it better by being their shiny happy Smartie selves
walking out the door to home with big smiles and hugs
(a very nice way to end that part of my day, as the momma/wife-ness at casa h became full on monster-ness later in the afternoon *sigh* )

and so that's it
my kids know that in a few weeks there will be a new teacher
my family knows i'm having teeny tiny heart attacks
excited
scared
happy
sad
thankful
and trying to remember to breathe breathe breathe
which shouldd be the natural part of all this, right?

breathe in
breathe out
umarmen und lieben
essie

ps any happy parenting style thoughts would be appreciated by pres and team leader
they are both slightly over mine and me...slightly over theirs!

2 comments:

e said...

ES! That is AWESOME news!!!
I'm so excited for you!!! :)
BIG hugs and love friend. xoxe

ps.
email me and explain the casa h parenting probs..xox

gabbyfek said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAY ES!
that is fantastic!
xoxoxo.