Sunday, January 31, 2010

no. 296 things you didn't know

1. my christmas tree is still up...
i simply loathe taking it down
it makes me sad
it makes me wistfull
it makes me think about everything i want and need to do with a fresh new year
that is already
slipping through my fingertips.

2. after 2 and a half years i still can't believe i live in germany...
i walk down the street every morning with oreo
thinking how amazing it is that
we live here
thinking how strange it is that
we live on a military base
thinking how conflicting it is that
i am happy but i am sad
because we are so far away...living here in germany.

3. i'm not an "animal planet" kind of mom...
cats, dogs, fish.
that's about it for me
and
i really think i like fish best
because fish can't bark at you at 5am to go out for a morning
walk.
yes fish are, currently, holding down the fort at #1.

4. i hate doing homework as much as i hate making up homework assignments...
who in their right mind likes policing their kids after a long enough day at work?
not
me.

5. i'm not 100% sure how we are going to pull off all the expected traveling we've committed ourselves to this summer...
but, like most things we do, it will happen
though i'm pretty certain that a
really large RV
might be in the works
and casa h will become casa griswald.
um yeah
pretty certain.

6. i worry about my family constantly...
(well, some of you loyal readers, some of you already knew that but i felt compelled to throw that in)
i'm not glass half empty
i'm just concerned about what i'm leaving my children-
those insane life lessons that we all survived
at the time
but feel like they will KILL ME
now that the shoe is on the other foot.
*sigh*

7. my recent passport picture was a euro biometric photo = no smile...
it's not flattering
i didn't know that my mouth points down (suggesting, according to the internet, that i am either depressed or miserable or both)
i didn't know that i cared
i guess i'm a little vain in my middle years.
hmm

8. our dog loves clothes...
LOVES them
and
even though team leader and bird are in cohoots against it
i AM buying him
leiderhosen!
yes, i am.

9. even though i can be a mom-ster at home...
i really am a happy person

10. i have three plans for us, in pen, on my essie agenda this year...
a long weekend in paris for spring break
ahhhh
paris in april
a regular weekend at the cordon bleu in november for this foodie momma
yum
cordon bleu, markets, did i mention cordon bleu
and
hogmanay in scotland.
flippen hogmanay-EXCELLENT!!!
those things WILL happen

taking me right back to number 6
living a good life is one of those lessons, right?
we're giving our littles that much, so, maybe i should ease up on that one...

(hugs to jay for the delish lunch to celebrate the new job which still hasn't officially begun...we need a list to hire a new teacher...fingers crossed that happens soon.)

umarmen und lieben
essie

2 comments:

e said...

1. This does not surprise me....however...i love this about you.
remember, I think your tree was still up on miranda drive over spring break. ;)
2. i am jealous. i still can't believe i live in arkansas, but for different, very uncool reasons.
3. and you are shocked to learn I only have a fish ;) umm...you at least HAVE them. you = good momma.
4. homework blows
5. I totally want a RV for reals.
while you're figuring it all out, please include a stop in AR. I mean if you can't do it all already, you might as well just add more, right?!?
6. being a momma is rough. but lovely.
7. heehee...
8. um. LOVE this. photos.
9. I know this is true.
10. jealous again...sigh...
love you friend.
xoxoxoxoxoxox

e said...

ps. hasn't snowed since thursday....and yet.
my boys are still not in school! HA!
come snowday w/ us!!!