Wednesday, July 03, 2013

i think anything you remember is significant

Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood

my childhood was something else...
i was raised in alaska
and many weekend were spent driving into the bush
so grandpadad could do his work

gaia and grandpadad were a lot like gypsies in a funny way...they went where they were called to go
and we went with them

so 3 significiant memories start here:

1. hiding from gaia in the plant nursery right before Angus was born
i remember running down the lanes of plants
i remember wearing my favorite red sneakers with a red hat that had big white polka dots
i remember thinking i was VERY tricky and that maybe i was in trouble for hiding
but i didn't care
and i remember when grandpadad found me 
he made me laugh and took my picture
gaia was not amused!

that was an "original three" memory and it was a really really good day

2. i remember playing mountain goat with angus on the back of our couch in my 2nd favorite house  of all time (drake drive) and knocking angus out cold
it probably wasn't a good game idea to pretend we were mountain goats and charge each other
no one ducked
we hit full force and angus ended up out cold and on his back
i got in really big trouble for that one but i wasn't even 5 and he wanted to play

it got worse when he got another black eye...that is another memory

3. i remember when Dunc came home from the hospital
i wanted everything to be perfect and insisted on the outfits that angus and i wore
reitta ( our version of a nanny but was really an extra grandma/mom to us) she helped me put my favorite scarf on my head that uncle abe and aunt lou had given me
(i think i was a closeted boheimian, now that i really think about it...such style for a 6 year old) and angus had on his best plaid pants

it was a really big day and we had really missed gaia

there are so many more...i may have to do a partII to this post!
xoxox
momma 

No comments: