Thursday, July 25, 2013

interrupting these 30 things for just a brief sec or two

i sleep when i know that all my littles are safe and sound
i sleep best when i know that all my littles are under the same roof
last night was
bittersweet
and a night not meant for sleep...

biggers is gone today
back to the states
where his choice
his future
his destiny
wait

and this time we've had with him
is very probably the last that we will know as
ours

no one dictating a schedule
the amount of time we share
the season of our family visit

big big big changes are happening for my family
my babies are growing up
wee-her college visits are 7 weeks away-and then it's mailed applications and we wait
cherry on top-he's happy to go along with the ride-for now

in my head i hear the voice of my friend
"show them it's alright to go...remember the others will be watching"
and i know that while i might not get my hands on all 3 of them
exactly
in the moment that i want
they are and will always be mine...his...ours
and that makes the bittersweet, sweet somehow

every hello
every goodbye
this is the beginning of his future
i couldn't be any more proud of him if i tried

love you forever
love you for always
my littles
my heart

momma

No comments: