Thursday, July 18, 2013

are you KIDDING?!!

What’s your favorite holiday and why?

goooooood grief.
where to start, where to start, where to start!

first off...i personally believe that birthdays are holidays
AND
if i ever get to rule to world
on your birthday you get a free day of leave from work
that is my forever proclamation!

okay in all seriousness
i think my favorite holiday is
St. Patrick's Day

this is 100% because of Savannah Georgia
where my grown-up story began
AND
due to the largest celebration in the South for
St. Patrick
SCHOOL IS CANCELLED

really.
no school on St Paddy's day and i love it!

i also love my leprechaun
"Coughlin McSmiley"
he is my leprechaun
he has followed me around the united states and into europe
he is naughty
he is funny
he has a wicked sense of humor
(including knocking me out in 1997 and leaving me on the floor of my kindergarten classroom
only in induce utter panic in my kinders and prompting me to send a letter home to parents
explaining that i really was a-okay)
he is generous
he is s.m.a.r.t.
he is poetic...in a tiny green person kind of way

and

he always makes me anxious and ready for a fabulous spring

i love all our holidays and the "not-holidays" that we created when daddy was away from us
but most of all
i love you

momma


No comments: