Sunday, December 07, 2008

thinking about thinking

is it more important to have the gifts wrapped and mailed, cards addressed and on the way?

or

is it more important to sit down and make a gingerbread house with one of your children-
is it more important to stop and hug your high schooler-staring straight into his eyes when you say "i love you"-
is it more important to reach out and hold a little hand as you navigate through a bustling village square-
is it more important to take a minute to answer a deliberately asked question, with honesty and reverence-

what is more important?
the hustle that we've all bought into,
or
the moments that make us real-
the moments that make us human-
the moments that make us approachable-

i know what i think...what about you?
umarmen und lieben
essie

2 comments:

e said...

I love this post.
so so much.
you know my reply.
love you. xxe

Julie said...

oh, Es, how true! I hate all the hustle and bustle of the season and I'm dreading the shopping I still have to do.

Wishing I was there with you...

J