Sunday, June 15, 2008

the ides of June

And one day, I wake up, to realize that
school is over-
I'm the mother of a HIGH SCHOOLER-
I don't have to wake up at 5:30 if I don't want to-
I've managed to "stress away" the last 3 weeks.

not good...

Side bar:
TODAY is my baby brother's birthday!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUNCAN
We hope you celebrated SOMEHOW-SOMEWAY-SOMEWHERE with mom, dad, and angus.
Birthdays are for celebrating DA, and your lot in life is to be part of a family that adores you.
So, deal.
(Your gift should be there tomorrow!)

Soccer ended for the boylies.

Ben had a great season and I made this for his team "Optimous Lime"

not exactly claiming to be Julia Child, BUT, I did manage to dye the cupcake batter a putrid lime green to match the kids team color!



go, ME!



Preston had an amazing season; his first soccer season since 1st grade, thanks to years and years of football. We're waiting on his end of year team party, he's ready to turn in the purple jersey, but it was phenominal feeling, watching him attack the ball!

Preston ALSO had his 8th grade formal.
Note to self: "Self, it's time to get your son a SUIT...and possibly a haircut."



Dollie took up HULA-and hold your breath-SHE'S AWESOME.
(that's her, 2nd from the right)


We're not too sure we're 100% psyched about the serious hip and booty shaking that she has mastered, but, we're proud of her for trying something SO out of her comfort zone and finding out that she's good at it!




Last week I got this in the mail





all the scrappy love a girl could ask for, and then more.

*e* managed to send me WAAAY too much fantastic paper and scraping goodness, making me love her even more than I normally do, and while the kinder and I went through everything, I found a baggie with 5 purple plastic wrist thingys...one for each of us
A memory of Alex.
I read the band, and, smiled.
Erika and Gabby-you have done your sister and her memory proud.
Preston and, his wonder-twin Kevin, and Dollie listened as I told Kevin her story and then all put on a bracelet...which they have yet to take off.
"Eat 2 Live 2 Run 4 Alex"

Erika, huge hugs and SO much love, what you sent has made all the difference in my birthday cd experiment (coming to you first, so get ready!) AND Dollie has been bitten by the scrapping bug and is taking everything that I can't hide first-seriously!

Folks, there is more to add, but the bed is calling me-
I'm terribly aware of how neglectful I've been to this poor blog 'o mine...
tomorrow part II, I promise, with even more pictures!

umarmen und lieben!
essie

2 comments:

e said...

oh thankgoodness you updated.
jared and i are thinking he should be there w/ his long hair.
he sticks out sorely here w/ it ;)
lovelovelove that dollie is hula-ing, i want better pics.
AND scrapping. i see a dollie scrapcarepackage in her near future.
thankyou for the sweet words about the bracelets...made me tear up.
loveyou. xxxxxxxxxxxe

gabbyfek said...

ohhhhhhhhh how we miss you.
xoxoxoxoxoxo