Wednesday, November 07, 2007

It's a rainy day Wednesday in Heidelberg

just thought I'd post a little post...no startling insights today.
I spent a gaggle of geese sending two boxes to florida.
I really wish I could just send a gift card, but I can't...no, I can't.
I'm definitely a "presents are fabulous" kind of girl.
I love shopping for fun things that will make folks smile.
At least, I hope they smile, no one has ever told me they didn't like my gift choice-maybe people are too polite.
hmmm...
anyhoo, it's been fun "window" shopping, "actual" shopping, and "internet" shopping!
I got these http://www.uncommongoods.com/item/item.jsp?itemId=15897 for our dining room wall-a big boring wall that is about to be painted a soft shade of chocolate brown (oh yes it is!) that I hope will highlight the cards when they go up!


I'm DYING for all the Christmas Markts to start up...my ornament fetish is starting to show...and while I don't want to rush the holidays, (I really do want to linger and enjoy, really I do) there is something very familiar about the hustle and bustle holiday shopping creates.
hmmm...
looks like I did have something to say afterall :)

umarmen und lieben,
essie

1 comment:

Kato said...

Regarding the Christmas markets... some dates for you:

Nov 23rd - Mannheim Kapuzinerplanken
Nov 23rd - Ludwigshafen
Nov 28th - Heidelberg
Nov 29th - Mannheim Wasserturm
(above all until Dec 22nd/23rd)

Nov 30th - Wiesloch (until Dec 9th)
Dec 1st - Ladenburg (weekends only)
Dec 1st - Leimen (that weekend only)
Dec 8th - Walldorf (that weekend only)