Sunday, November 11, 2007

Is it just me?!

**disclaimer: I'm sick. Headache, body ache, entire face pains me when I sneeze, SICK. It's a long weekend and instead of doing anything fun, I've spent it inside, feeling like c-r-a-p! I'm grumpy and tired of my family, who can't do anything right around me. I need a 100% attitude adjustment and I know it-consider yourself warned and proceed with caution!**

Right now Team Leader and our neighbor are watching Green Street Hooligans...a movie that Elijah Woods made, I dunno why...he just did.

This movie is about British Football Gangs...the self proclaimed "Hooligans" who (for some cro-magnon reason) are SO devoted to their local football teams that they will actually KILL people over won and lost matches. While this is a fictitious account of a real situation, football gangs have been a thread woven into the fabric of hardcore sports fans for as long as I've been alive-forever for all I know. What I don't understand is why!

Why is a won or lost match worth beating someone into a pulp?
Why does society condone the behavior?
If it isn't being condoned, then why is it accepted?

And why do people need to make movies about this stuff, and sound over the beatings with beautiful local music, is it to make a dramatic point, or is it creative license?

Why do guys like watching this?! Honestly!!
It's shit. I HATE IT.
I hate thinking that people are so simple that they will live and DIE over a sporting match. Literally.

WTF!!!

No one can change my mind in thinking that if more women were in charge that the world mightn't be as violent...You can call me naive, but women make hard decisions every day, and if I hear ONE MORE TIME that a woman couldn't be president or hold high political office because she couldn't make the "hard calls" I WILL SCREAM!
It's a weak excuse that feeble minded pundits have declared to justify the political machines that send young soldiers into war again and again and again.

Yup. This is what happens when Team Leader puts a movie on that pisses me off.
I start out with a rant about the movie and suddenly I'm furious about the state of the world, and ready to imply that the state of the world rests squarely on the shoulders of all the dummies currently in charge (that would be the guys).

BTW, speaking of young soldiers, in our local newspaper there was a campaign for wounded soldiers and their haircuts. Specifically, if we (patrons at the commissary) purchased a brand name of products, the product company would donate a percentage of the product price to WOUNDED SOLDIERS WHO HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR HAIRCUTS!
WHAT?!
Read this again: these soldiers have come back from war...they are wounded (any type of wounded, mind you)...and adding insult to injury HAVE TO PAY FOR HAIRCUTS!

Some of these kids are missing arms, legs, BOTH, some have traumatic brain injury-WHATEVER! The military is making them pay for their own haircuts?! Don't you think they have bigger things to worry about...like rehabilitation, perhaps? And how much would it cost the country to bone up for these required haircuts? (They are required, that was also mentioned in the campaign.) Honestly.

That, in my opinion, is more shit...so folks, I guess it is just me tonight...crazy, pissed off, annoyed, sick as a DOG, ME.

Next time, I'M picking the movie.

No comments: