Saturday, June 09, 2007

Realization

Today is June 9, 2007.

We leave in 7 weeks and 6 days.
For Germany.
Overseas.
As in, another language.
Germany.

Ready for Transportation to arrive in 9 days...um no
Ready for Transportation to arrive again in 31 days...no, not so much
Ready for the FIRST DAY OF SUMMER...heck yeah!!

I must be in utter disbelief or utter denial, or maybe
both.

*Did I mention: IT IS SUMMER!!*

School (with kids) is DONE-whew-not a moment too soon.
School (with paperwork) is done on Wednesday-giving me 5 days to wrap up our world.

Not complaining, this could be crazy worse, at least it IS summer!

*Again: IT IS SUMMER!*

Thank goodness...
hugs and love all
essie

10 comments:

Martina said...

Hi,

I just stumbled across your blog

:-)

Where in Germany are you PCSing to?

Martina said...

I found it - you're headed for *Heidelberg*. Great city, and centrally located so that you can reach many interesting destinations via day-trip.

Here's another blog of an American couple in Heidelberg:

http://cndrnh.blogspot.com/

And if you check out the sidebar on my blog, you'll find a few more expat-in-Germany blogs. Who in turn link to even more :-)

e said...

breathe...
it's going to be all good.
we were at the columbus crew game last night and both decided it's a MUST we come see you and go watch some german soccer ;)
beer drinking may have been mentioned as well....
loveyou.xe

essie said...

Martina-

Danke! I've added your blog to my favorites, and am very much looking forward to reading about life in Odenwald (which my husband says is close by!)

We're crazy busy getting ready for the move, but are actually excited about the adventure ahead!

essie said...

e...
the little house of harrison is ALWAYS open for soccer and beer!
YAY!!!
xoxox
e2

Martina said...

Yes, the Odenwald is close to Heidelberg. I guess it's about 30-35 km.

The Felsenmeer, where the Prickril's went recently, is just a 5 minute drive from where I live. We go there every few months; the kids love it.

essie said...

Martina-

Again-danke, danke!
I'll add this to my list!

EuroTrippen said...

You're going to love it in Germany... plus I think it's a great experience for the kiddos seeing another walk of life.

And here's something to keep in mind when you're feeling overwhelmed... you're within driving distance of France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, The Netherlands and Belgium. And England/Ireland are super cheap (and quick) flights away. For that reason alone you're going to love it!

essie said...

BIG hugs to my cheerleaders-
after the events of today,
I'm even more thankful for my
friends; old and NEW!

The driving distance reminder-good!!!

J said...

Summer? What is this summer you speak of? Don't expect much of it here.