Friday, June 22, 2007

how moving makes you CWAZY...

or maybe this is simply a post for Ohio!

BEHOLD

How I spent some of my day...selecting plastic tableware for the time that we won't have our "life, now in boxes" with us...apparently I need to pack this for us to USE while we are waiting to be moved into permanent housing.

*The dryer sheets aren't for us to eat with, (perhaps napkins-hmm there's a thought!) they are my FAVORITE dryer sheets which I won't be able to get in Europe, because Target hasn't taken over-YET!Take note people, you will be sending them to me!*

The remainder of the day, well let's just say that with Team Leader AND the Littles out of the house, Momma is getting all kinds of mess accomplished!

No mean comments about said choice of plasticwares, this was a stressful decision (as Erika can attest) and I love them.

Hmph!

hugs and love,
essie

4 comments:

e said...

heehee just a tiny bit stressful...
but i love the end result...
nice eats ;)
phone is still dead (i'm lazy)
but i'll call you soon.
lovemuch. xe

Martina said...

Essie,

I can't see the brand of those dryer sheets, but the Heidelberg commissary has the standard brands (Bounce, Snuggle, Downy...) of dryer sheets, so you'll at least be able to get those.

Are they a Target-specific brand?

On a side note: Germans *have* dryer sheets, but they've never caught on, so most people I know don't even use them, and if you look for them on the German economy it might take you a while to find them.

On the whole Germans are environment conscious and try to use the clothes dryer as little as possible - I only use it for towels and bed sheets. Everything else is hung up to dry.

essie said...

Hi Martina-

As a self proclaimed "greenie" I'm actually really excited about how environmentally concious Europe is in general!
Where we live now, there is
NO recycling...what...yup...
none.at.all! (Such a foreign concept-huge yikes for this girl from the Pacific Northwest!)

In fact, the "adopted plan for future curbside recycling-set to begin n 2009" was just approved for our community. Crazy but true.

The dryer sheets are my guilty pleasure, but are made by an environmentally aware company called 'method' (www.methodhome.com if you are curious) who use plant based sofeners versus animal tallow. They make an entire line of biodegradable home cleaners and such.

Thanks for the commissary info! At this point, every little bit helps!

Martina said...

Essie,

you might *think* you're a greenie now, but wait 'til you're here in Germany and see to what measures some people go :-)

The Heidelberg commissary is great (not that I can shop there, but I used to be able to); the store manager actually lives out here, one town away from me (like 1.5 miles)