Monday, June 18, 2007

Isn't she lovely!



Happy Birthday (yesterday) to our brilliant and beautiful ELEVEN year old!
She begins Middle School this Fall...where has the time gone?

Because of the moving craziness, my parents came and got the kids on Friday. The "packing up and moving out" of our life I thought would be too stressful for them (heck, I'm just about lu-lu myself because of it...)

It meant that Doodle spent this 11th birthday there, while we were here.


Team Leader has spent plenty of major days away from us; me, not so much. Actually, me, not at all.

For all of the "noise" our children create in my life, not having them around is really difficult for me, I've lost my purpose. So, instead of waking her up with birthday cake for breakfast, I got to celebrate vicariously with her, over the phone.
Tidbits on the palindrome birthday begin here!

When you turn 11, at Gaia and Grandpa-Dad's house, you get to stay up as LATE as you want.
When you turn 11, at Gaia and Grandpa-Dad's house, you have to protect your pet cockatiel from psycho-kittens who stalk her mercicessly.
When you turn 11, at Gaia and Grandpa-Dad's house, you have to teach your German Shepard the breast-stroke after he falls into the swimming pool!
When you turn 11, at Gaia and Grandpa-Dad's house you will be given a fur stole by your Great Uncle! (Which she very politely opened and then declined because of her political stance on animal cruelty.)
When you turn 11, at Gaia and Grandpa-Dad's house, you will declare your intent to run for President. (Her platform includes rehauling health care for people and pets; addressing the growing problem of eating disorders in our country, and reducing our national dependency on oil-big gas guzzlers are a no-go!)

Isn't she lovely?!


I love this girl!
Happy Birthday Doodle-Bug!
Hugs and Love,
Momma

p.s. I've been TRYING to get a decent video code of "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder to add to this post...not working so much! SO pretend it's playing and sing along as you read!
hugs and love!

p.p.s. I got a video code! whoohoo!!
You may have to scroll down to the bottom of the blog, and hit play, b/c I'm not 100% sure it's looping.
HOWEVER...I get to serenade our daughter with my "I Love You" song...on her 1st full day of being 11 years old!

1 comment:

e said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOLLIE!!!!!
We love you! xxxThe Treehouse
PS.
"addressing the growing problem of eating disorders in our country..."
Ummmm....You are the most sensitive kindhearted 11yr old girl I know my dear.
and...
You've got our votes!
You go girl.