Friday, May 11, 2007

Why we hate Delta Airlines...and why I probably need an Anger Management Class!

Before you go ANY further...
YES
the following IS in someone's inbox at Delta's Corporate Headquarters.

Does this confirm my raging bitch-atude?

To Whom it May Concern;

My husband flew on your airline yesterday. His name is-----------. He was flying in civilian clothes at the request of his command because he was flying commercially. His bags containing his complete U.S. Army Special Forces uniform and many other irreplaceable Government Issue items were not at his final destination, Budapest Hungary, when he arrived.

YOUR airline is trying to blame Air France.

I BLAME YOU!

Here is how his day "Flying with Delta" went:
His original ticket number was DL5563 for a flight from Raleigh Durham to JFK
THAT flight was canceled.
He was "re-booked" Raleigh Durham to Cincinnati, flight DL5371, which arrived LATE because your re-fuel-er RAN OUT OF GAS so another agent had to complete the plane re-fueling, thereby making him MISS his connection to Budapest.
He was put on Delta flight 5304 Cincinnati to Dulles International Airport.
There he was put on Air France flight 29 IAD to Charles deGaule, with additional ticket markings DL8331.
Upon arriving in France, he was placed on Maleve Hungarian Airlines (Air France 2894) to Budapest.

Did I mention that he is an Active Duty SOLDIER, who is on an important mission, and YOU LOST HIS UNIFORM!

Instead of accepting responsibility for ANY PART of his ridiculous flying day, you continue to blame him and another airline, as if THAT will replace his lost uniform and mission supplies?!

I am shocked, that given the nature of the danger facing our service members in and out of uniform, that your business practice is so slipshod. I can't believe you can't keep a Government Employee's bags on a PLANE long enough for the service member to HAVE WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO HIS JOB. Instead, a specific uniform is out in the open where anyone could take it and use it illegally. Could you possibly have any idea how dangerous that is?! Do you even care that you may have put my husband at risk? Or risked security somehow?

I have tried calling every number on your website, naturally, you are CLOSED and the contact I've made so far is with a computer generated message. I demand that I hear from someone immediately upon receiving this email. My husband simply cannot go out and spend 100 Euros to "replace his uniform" it's United States GOVERNMENT ISSUE and HE IS IN HUNGARY!!

I can be reached at home or on my mobile
Today is Friday May 11, 2007.




ps-this is what I just got in my in box...from Delta "Customer Care"

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us. We appreciateevery opportunity to listen to our customers and act upon what we hear.Our response to your e-mail may take a little longer than usual due tothe high number of customers who have contacted us recently. In themeantime, thanks for your patience.
AS THIS IS AN AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED MESSAGE, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY.

Ya THINK they might have high volume customer contact since they just filed for
BANKRUPTCY!!!
OMG!
seriously.

3 comments:

e said...

Can I get a WTF?!? (Tony style please)
Ok, I need a drink after reading your posts.....
Kick some ass es.
seriously....WTF?
xe

essie said...

so how funny is it that you're calling up WTF Tony style and the email he sent me to share this nugget of Delta info was

WTF-OVER!!!
I'll call this weekend!
xox
e2

J said...

My goodness, that's awful. Have you heard back from Delta yet? Please make a post about it if/when you do.