Friday, May 11, 2007

Teacher Appreciation Week...um, I don't think so...SERIOUSLY!

So, right now my teammates are in Scholastic Book Heaven...

running around like Crack Heads...
grabbing each other to pull someone from their own little slice of happy into another little slice of happy somewhere in this incredible book warehouse!

I AM SOO JEALOUS!
and I miss them, my First Grade Family, they all rock...
Rock, rock, rock!
I hope they have a blast, find oodles and oodles of magnificent books, and find themselves the victims of a Literacy Hangover when they get back in Carter's Van!!
ILY ladies, ILY!

Me, I'm not there.
I'm in Hopeless Mills, waiting to go back to the Doctor tonight...
policing the Rotters, because last night Mr. Ben was locked out of the house by his ever-loving big sister!

(Don'tcha just LOVE those siblings relationships)

Ranting on further-
Last week I went back to work after missing a week of school after practically dying from being sick. Parents who send their ever lovin' children to school when THEY are SICK-
THEY SUCK!
And I happen to have every parent EVER who does just that...even the ones who stay at home...they send their sicko kids into school because

G-d forbid

any of these braniacs miss ONE day of school!!
ONE.
There's no policy about fever-free here, just recommendations
There's no policy about public puking here-just recommendations
There isn't a full time nurse at our school because...well I don't know, but I'm sure it has to do with money and our lack of it here in Lala Land-whoops I mean CCS.

SERIOUSLY!!

I woke up yesterday and felt like all the scary bronchial stuff was coming back.
I panicked-natch, when it doubt, that's what I do best-and started trying to get an appointment.
I'm not used to the military system. This is the first time I've not carried civilian insurance since I began teaching.

It's Crazy. And I've lived on that river "Denial" for a very very long time now.
There's a lot I really don't get, and,
WHOA NELLY
aren't we getting ready to leave the States
and live on Base
and be all that we can be?!!

Can I do that?

I don't know.
Okay focus Esther-back to Teacher Appreciation Week-
We had one, if you can call it that, LAWD knows I'm not trying to be a bitch but really
is this place for real?

I got KICKED by student for TAW
I got PUNCHED by a different student for TAW
I got SICK AGAIN by yet another student for TAW
That's what I got, for my 15th Teacher Appreciation Week, bruises and antibiotics.

Can I remind you that these children are FIRST GRADERS...
This is the future of our country folks...if we don't do something, one day we will look back and say:
"Holy Crap, George Bush was actually LITERATE compared to what we have in office now!"

Seriously.
If you have a teacher to thank, do it.
Do it for me.
I'm not a personal horn tooter, but if I didn't have those gems of teammates to get me through this year and the 19 days we have left, I'd be a sorry angry be-atch right now!
Oh yes I would!

Seriously!
Hugs and Love folks; I'm off to the doc!!
essie

ps-HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

1 comment:

e said...

NU-UH....NO effen way.
Angel, we SO must talk.
I love you.
and that sucks.
xe