Saturday, May 12, 2007

Back on antibiotics

As predicted, I'm back on some major pharmecuticals...can't drink or eat any dairy products for a week-I've never taken anything like this before-and pouring coffee creamer, that was a little bit scary this morning!

Question: is coffee creamer actually creamer, as in dairy, or am I paranoid?

Next question for all my gal pals out there:

HOW do I explain to my beautiful daughter that pre-teen girls are shitty little bitches. That because she likes the Retro 80's look and sometimes paints her nails bright blue, she is not a "Goth..."
HOW do I explain to her that if you are hungry, YOU EAT...
HOW do I get through her dramatic but fabulous head that she is perfect in the eyes of everyone who truly knows her and that smart and pretty DO go together...
HOW do I protect her? Can I? Should I?
Specifically, how do I accomplish this without becoming a screaming banshee, anyone?

Last night my heart broke for her, and of course Team Leader is stuck on the other side of the world (with no uniform mind you) and I HATE being both, because I do REALLY need my man! ("He completes me...")

Teen age girl crap-I went through it, was pretty screwed up as a teen, hated my mom subsequently blaming her for everything wrong in my life instead of listening to her as she tried to be a mom to me...all that teen age crap, I lived it. I just don't want my daughter to-she's too sweet, she's too kind, and clearly she's way too over influenced by these little NC crazies here in Hopeless Mills.
I'm her Mom, and I want her to become the best Doodle-Bug she can be. I can't always like her friends because I see them differently.
I see the potential for lifelong and fairweather friendships. Fairweather friendships are devestating and make you question everything about yourself. She is 10. Our daughter is 10. She's learning this now, at 10. Is that fair?

She asked me last night why my friends were so happy when we were all together. I told her that we were all regular people who have regular feelings; happy, sad, angry, mad...etc...
I really didn't have a great answer for her other than at a point, you cut through the crap with your friends and you simply are happy to know them.
Bad day, glad day, it doesn't matter. You're pals.

Isn't Mother's Day meant to be about the hugs and love and not the WORK behind the job? I'm feeling like I should be fired, because all I want to do is tell these superficial girls
THEY SUCK
and to get the H**L away from my amazing kid-who they don't even deserve to know!

UGH...
*sigh*

what is a Momma meant to do? I'm beginning to agree with *e* who said that every OTHER move was a good one, and that maybe just maybe Germany can't get here soon enough.

It's that or I'm just a spazz who can't take the vulnerability out of my parenting.
Maybe it's both.

1 comment:

e said...

ok,
a. creamer is non-dairy
and
b. you are right...they don't deserve to know dollie...
more on b. when we talk...
but remind her that girls are just bitchy and evil until they're much, much older.
tell her to ignore their shit, and be herself....
I LOVE you both.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxe
Ps. I am right...Germany will be bliss...