Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Story at 39

I have gone to the gym.
As a 39 year old.
And I've been tanning.
As a 39 year old.

I've been happy, sad, grumpy, lonely, scared, hungry, SO SO tired, amused, flabbergasted, amazed, thankful, surprised, and grateful.
As a 39 year old.

Today I came home to a big box and a little box.
Yesterday I came home to a small bag.
Day before yesterday it was a large bag.
And the emails, the blogness-WOW!

Inside each piece of mail there was something that defined a relationship in my life. Random connections from people who get the bits and pieces of the very complicated me...thank you seems small when I realise (yes, the British spelling of realize) that the gifts of my life are you.

This week I've heard from people I LOVE-wow do I love them!
And they're all so different.
And I'm SO SO lucky.
Because they love me back-we don't have to talk everyday, or see each other all the time, but when we link up it is a 100% happy-fest. And not one day has passed.
That's the beauty of my story at 39; for each relationship every time we talk or get together, I'm as old as I was the day we met!

In the end, most importantly, I'm just a lucky 39 year old girl, surrounded by the best of the best of humanity. Birthday presents don't get better than that.
That's my story.

hugs and love to my amazing family and wonderful friends
xox
essie

p.s. (thank you watkins, ps will always mean something else for me now!)

Honey, find us something on the economy, please please PLEASE!!
l.a.s.n.
bbkf

No comments: