Saturday, April 14, 2007

"I'm proud of you...I remember..."

my dear friend Leah sent this to me.
you might think it's beautiful.
you might think it's propaganda.
i think it's something everyone should watch.
because, soldiers are people, just like you and me.
their job description happens to be different than yours or mine.
(unless of course, you reading this, you are a soldier! then you get it already.)

Regardless-
they're simply doing a job.
It's a job no one WANTS to have, but
EXPECTS someone to do.
Day in...Day out.

Pretty thankless if you ask me.
Pretty amazing if you ask me.

you all know how opposed to our global situation i am, and continue to be.
i'll oppose this war and say so for the rest of my life.
this IS our generation's Vietnam.
you don't have to agree with me.
or agree with my politics.

BUT

we should be able to agree on this:
the men and women who have been sent overseas deserve all the support we can give them.
period.
so, please do what you can.
visit my link to anysoldier.com
take a walk and appreciate the freedom you have to do so.
go to church and pray.
go to a quiet spot and watch a sunset-whatever you do to appreciate the beauty of a day,
and then,
call your local national guard to see about penpals.

do what you can and remember that soldiers are people.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay=1


*hopefully this link works...YouTube was being stinky, and blogger...well enough said!*

No comments: