Thursday, April 29, 2010

no 317 auto tech

two years ago
i picked myself up and posted about my boy choosing his 9th grade courses for high school.
i was a wreck
missing the little boy
loving the young man
wishing that the sands of time would
slow
a little
maybe
to
a dull roar...
but they didn't
they kept on falling.
ready or
not.

tonight, with my mom (thankfully) at my side
i walked her in
we listened
we read
and
she made her course selection for her
freshman
year.

high school

my baby girl in high school.

it's not possible that two of my littles are so close to being
big.

it makes mr. ben seem even smaller somehow
which is hard to explain

but her
my girl
the doodle bug

there she was
looking down hallways
and quietly asking where one classroom was in comparison to another...

upstairs
downstairs
out the door

i don't know if i can say i'm ready for this transition.
it's arrived sooner than i anticipated
i swear i thought we had more time...
when she gets there,
it means he's gone past
halfway

upstairs
downstairs
out another door

"it's pretty big"
"can we have chinese?"
"i'm so tired mom"

it is a fairly big high school
she will have the benefit of her big brother's watchful eye

we ordered waaaay too much chinese
which brought smiles over smiles over smiles to her beautiful face
she's getting ready for bed
exhausted by jet lag
and somehow i know when i look into her room tomorrow morning i'll see
this face

and the weight in my heart right now will be replaced with all the love found in the moments that got her to
today

i know it will...
my beautiful baby girl
on her way now
opening a door

umarmen und lieben, meine schatz-
umarmen und lieben
momma

(ps...how cool is she...Honors English, Honors History, Algebra I, Biology,
German II, PE, and for electives
Ceramics,
Computer Music,
Painting and
AUTO TECH my daughter is awesome!!)

1 comment:

e said...

oh.
oh.
oh.
that photo of little pres patting his sister.
whoa. tugging my heart...

she really is cool btw.
(& gorgeous. have I mentioned gorgeous lately? because she is)
I love you.
it will be ok mama.
xoxoxoxe