Saturday, April 24, 2010

no. 316 jules, this is for you!

i know how hectic your life is, and sometimes the last thing anyone wants to do is pry open a cookbook to figure out what to do for a family meal-
really
i know!

but
these are all ADA approved cookbooks available on their site that look good to me,
some of the cookbooks that i actually have you can find
here
(i have livin' low carb and LOVE it, but am now super excited about some of these other titles, and as we have established my serious cookbook related issue, i think i've found some "must buys" here!)

and another good choice for crock-pot workout
i have 3 books in the "fix it" series because i am a busy momma and some days the crock-pot is my very best friend in the world!
i know the woman who assisted in putting this book together from the ADA side...her daughter is one of my good good friends and she is serious about healthy choices for feeding your family.

don't give up
keep counting carbs
and breathe
life will sort itself out!
love you and miss you s-i-l!!!
xoxoxoxooox
e

1 comment:

Julie said...

Es, thanks so much for this post. We have a few diabetic cookbooks, but I think I might check out the crock-pot one. The few things I do cook are usually in the crock-pot, so that might be a good book for me. We all know I'm not a bigger cooker, but maybe it's time for me to buckle down and learn a little more.

Our life is definitely crazy busy with all the activities, but that's really no excuse. Sometimes it's just a little hard for me to come home from work at 5:00 and make a full-on dinner and be at the park by 6:00, but I guess that's where a good crock-meal would come in handy.

Thanks for always being there to lend a shoulder, an ear or even just a post such as this with lots of good information. I know I can always rely on you...love & miss u!

XOXO,
J