Tuesday, December 29, 2009

no. 277 curious

has facebook taken over blogging?
what about twitter?

i started this blog to reconnect with friends far away, and, to keep family current on the daily crazy at casa h-worked for me!
lately, with the quiet and coooold days of break,
i've been lurking on other blogs, scrolling down the blog rolls of my friends to find that most folks aren't blogging anymore...
just not doing it.
which makes me wonder-why did they start?

part of my morning routine is making that cup of precious coffee and sitting down at the computer.
friends and parents from work are often online, we send each other good morning messages, and laugh about who woke up first when we see each other later in the day.
it's nice
maybe a little too routinized, but
it's nice.

i suppose it makes me settle into the rest of my day
and now, i'm thinking that my days must be alright compared to the days of others.
no complaints
just going to keep on writing.

3 days until 2010,
4 years of blogging.

umarmen und lieben
essie

2 comments:

e said...

I think peeps just take a little bloggy break over christmas...i know i do.
you keep blogging.
love it.
facebook is fine.
but blogging is best.
xoxe

Staci said...

I'm oh so glad you blog!! Even when I get behind on reading your blogs (like I think a month this time) ;-) I always read through them all until I'm caught up. I LOVE reading your blogs, even with Facebook, so thank you thank you thank you for sharing! And have you started a book yet on your adventure in Germany??? I think you should! :-)