Sunday, December 20, 2009

no. 273 to markt to markt

or not.
today my gal pal tricia and i were set to wake up and drive 2.5 hours to cologne for a 7 markt extravaganza of Christkind-ness!
until
the temps dropped to a BRISK and chilly -15 degrees.
disappointed, yes-
warm, because we are staying inside, yes-
ready to get my holly jolly on regardless-
youuuuu betcha!

instead
team leader and i are
reviewing the to do list
doing a little bittle of wrapping
and then
mzzz ral and i are going to glitter ourselves into oblivion with a little holiday crafting madness!
whooopeee!

late last night, he and i went back to the beginning of this blog 'o mine and re read some of the funny from days past...wow did we laugh and laugh at the silly surrounding casa h and our sweet fam.
my mom had said she gets sad when she reads my blog b/c she feels that it isn't just for her, that anyone in the whole wide world (www) gets to be part of us-
i told her the whole wide weason (heh) i started this thing was to keep her in touch with our life away from virginia.

we'll see if she starts reading it again.

after i said it, i wondered if indeed this blog was still something meant to keep folks in touch
or
if it had become the manic ranting of
a hard working wifey/momma/teacher/daughter/sister/auntie/niece/friend/LUNATIC

i know that often, in years past, this has been a catharthic release for me-maybe not for you (my 4 loyal readers whom i love and adore) but something good, that balances the freak flags i can often fly.

so...resolutions for the new year...
i've gotta few
starting with getting to all my beloved Christmas Markts come heck or high water... next year!

bundle up and stay warm mommy-i love you!!
umarmen und lieben
essie

ps-darlings *e* and gab-ness, i would LOVE to add a banner to my blog, can you help me? please and thank you, with gingerbread latte love on top, and sprinkles of edible glitter...NATCH!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
mE!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

darn, you were so excited about going to the market...sorry the weather kept you from it. And, if you learn how to make a banner, let me know. I need to get my blog up and running again. xoxo

e said...

da whole wide weason?! :) WOVE it.
um. sorry about the market.
bummer.
next year maybe I'll be there to go with?!?! maybe...

I can make you a banner...
but I might need to access your blog, soooo it doesn't appear as large as the one I made gab.
not sure what happened there?!?
must fix that too.
but yes.
shoot me banner ideas and I'm on it.

love you. my glitter buddy. xoxe