Wednesday, September 23, 2009

no.251 nine times out of ten, emergency room deutsch has people laughing at you

and i KNEW i should be more humble about the goings on at casa h!

yesterday, last play of the practice,
pres JAMS the healing broken thumb
i get a panicked phone call from the coach's wife
and we raced to pick him up before the acute care clinic shut the doors for the night.
we got there at 7:07...they closed up shop at 7:00.

FORTUNATELY

one soldier took pity on the 5'8 teenager blinking back tears and sent the doctor out to the lobby
he took one look at pres and said
"you have to go to ------"
"our radiology is shut down for the night, and you need pain meds"
he had the same soldier sign us in so he could dispense medication, examined pres, calmed down ben (who was crying his eyes out at the sight of his big brother hurting) and got me successfully on my way to the next town

what a wonderful person-
truly
wonderful!

my ER deutsch got us inside, and upstairs, where i busted out some more and got a face-full of laughter.
niiiice.
it did lighten the mood though-must admit!

team leader showed up 2 hours later and shortly thereafter we were waiting on our big boy as his hand was casted for the second time this month.
the good news: his break IS healing!
the bad news: he's not playing for a bit, which means most likely, no trip to England this weekend.
the good news II: he got SERIOUS pain meds, so right now, he's sleeping through the hurt
the bad news II: he really can't write now, and making up one missed day will be rough.

my poor baby!!!!
which brings me back,
to
always erring on the side of humble.
my baaad-i get it....
*sigh*

1 comment:

e said...

boo.
I thought I had said boo to this before, but clearly not.
so I say boo now.
poor pres.
:(
suckage.

non-suckage?
box-o-candy love from g-many...AND tattoo sleeves that rock.
VERY cool.
my boys are stoked.
love you. xxxe