Friday, February 01, 2008

Hold the phone!

Where did January go?!

**On the 9th of February, we will have been in Germay for six months...amazing!**

Today was conference day at for the elementary schools in our district...I had 10 set up, out of the 26 in my class, I was mildly productive. Not bad...not quite 50% but whose really counting anyway!

Have I mentioned that I have "Thug Mommas" in my classroom?!
Well, I do, and they are the women who huff and puff and try to yell your door down when they feel put upon by their child's teacher.
I had a conference lined up with my biggest Thug Momma, and, naturally because it didn't suit her-she didn't show...or call...just didn't show.

(And I wondered WHY OH WHY her little man would come to school with shoes on the wrong feet, girl's pants, a plummer's crack to beat the BAND, and had such limited self help skills that he would wait for his shirt to take ITSELF off!
seriously.
He waited for the shirt to come off and told my assistant it (the shirt) wasn't moving! Anyhoo!!)

The Thug Momma took a day off from parenting.
I'm bitchily (did I just make up a word there?) assuming she takes off puhlenty of parenting days as I write this...
In spite of her, I found the time to completely revamp how I'm going to do my Centers with this class.
Which worked for me, I just hope that something-anything-she does this weekend, works for him.

umarmen und lieben
essie

No comments: