Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Love Letters

Do you write them?
My parents did.
My Grandparents did.
I do.
But, after our phone call this morning
I realized that I maybe
just maybe
I don't.

Team Leader read my blog for the first time in a while last night.

A little background to catch you all up; I've been a raving b**ch lunatic this week,
and
have made my fair share of monumental apologies in response to said
"Dr. Jeckel/Mrs. Hyde" behavior.
The FOUR apologies I've made so far, were directed at him, as
he has been the beneficiary of my freak.

Anyhoo, he said that reading this blog let him into a side of me he feels he doesn't know.
I told him that my family and friends have always said that my writing style mirrors how I talk. Apparently, I don't talk to him the way I talk to all of you...
Hmm...
I told him that we don't write to each other, maybe that's the issue, and that he does "know" this side of me-really he does. I also suggested that we maybe needed to try writing to each other.
I don't think he bought it.
He told me he doesn't like to write letters.
I told him he needed to try.

I've changed monumentally as a person since I met and married him.
I've said 1000 times if I've said it once:
HE is the person who knows how to manage me, and occasionally I'm a b**ch to manage.
He's the face I wake up to-when he isn't saving the world from devastation.
He's the snore that I miss when I'm alone at night.
He is the worst eater ever.
He is a neat freak, not in a bad way-anymore :)
He is a tremendously hard worker-in spite of a seriously broken back-seriously.
He's the guy who encourages me to take time for myself and tunes me out when I complain that I get no time to take for myself.
He's the man who challenges my fantastic European driving sensibilities and always thinks we're going to crash.
He's the father of my children, and yet, he still claims them!
He's my husband.
He's my partner.
He is the love of my life.

THIS letter is the first letter for him.
umarmen und lieben, BB
xoxox
BB

3 comments:

happy said...

e-mails and text messages had definitely pushed out love letter writing. it would really be nice to write one, occasionally. :)

EuroTrippen said...

I do think it's good for our loved ones to see us in a new context - and blogging for the entertainment of friends and strangers certainly fits the bill.

We all get so caught up in our roles; anything that breaks us out of them has to be a good thing, right?

Enjoy the letter writing!

e said...

awww...
love that you just called yourself a "raving b**ch lunatic" ...
you have the biggest heart...and every woman is a raving b**ch lunatic at least once a month, right?!?
xxxxe
ps.
completely off subject...have i given you the photos of dollies ear piercing experience?!? you must see them.....