Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Fröhliche Weihnachten, Everyone!!

I had to change the music-Norah, forgive me-maybe you'll like dancing to this...give it about 40 seconds and I promise it will "lighten up" and you will be abble to baby bounce your way around Momma and Daddy's office!

(This isn't meant to be a downer post-)For some reason, this song made me think about growing up in Alaska. It reminded me of Toblerone chocolate bars, those crazy dark chocolate ORANGE flavored things we'd get in our stockings (um, those were actually not so yummy Mom, and I'm sure it explains why I don't like fruit flavored chocolate), and icicles that were over 2 feet long. Growing up in Alaska was the best thing my parents could have ever given my brothers and I. We were far away from people we loved, and people who loved us, but we always had the original 5. (Okay, it was REALLY the Original 3 but for today I'll let you 2 boys in the club!)It meant that we had to rely on one another "FAMILY LOYALTY" and "QE2 behavior" became things we had to incorporate into our daily lives; some days we were really good at it, most other days, not so much! What growing up in Alaska did give us was a sense of how large the world really was, and, what opportunites were available to us if we wanted them.

Not so different from what Team Leader and I have done by bringing our family to Germany. Funny.

During the holidays it's natural to think about special times behind us, and, look forward to sharing adventures before us. 2007 has been full of many surprises for our family, and I can only imagine what 2008 has in store, regardless you are all only as far away as a heartbeat...

I'll post photos before bedtime!
umarmen und lieben
essie

p.s. you have to play the video-it's not looping-ergh!
pp.s Thank you Mausi!! You know I'm still trying to figure this language thing out!!
I hope you had a happy holiday!!

1 comment:

christina said...

Fröhliche Weihnachten to all of you!