Friday, December 15, 2006

a teacher's wish list

so my buddy Alex asked me once to make a "hmm...what do they REALLY want" blog and after today, I think I might have the answer to every teacher's dream gift-

alcohol.

Yup, that's what we really want.
We want to cut loose-get our groove on-let down our hair-party like it's 1999.
If you think we don't, you're wrong.
We do.
Even when we think we don't.
We do.

The perfect gift-a bottle of fabulous wine (yet to be drunk by me)
"Praxis"
Yes.
That is the real label...
PRAXIS!!!

Can you believe it?!!
Neither could I?
But receive it, I did, with a fabulous corker in the shape of a silver bell
(a la The Polar Express)
from a colleague who is helping me find my
CREATIVELY INSUBORDINATE self.

(that's a post for another day!)

We also like the chachkies, like ornaments and whatever we collect (for me, that is wine labels-ask Avery, she started this mess!)

We love personalized things, and coffee mugs (if we don;t drink coffee, a mug will make a great pen holder).

We love chocolate, and baked goodies, and dinners we don't have to cook much less plan!

Most of all, (and most days but not all,) what we love most are your kids.

We don't get paid to do this, we choose to do this.
You share your greatest gifts with us, and trust us to do no harm but instill good-
every day.

Big job.
Whoa big job.

Keep gifts light, happy, full of genuine hugs and love, and if at a total loss-give the booze!
We may not remember what we do as we drink it, but we will ALWAYS remember who the gift giver was!

Always!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Here I thought we wanted books!

gabbyfek said...

heeeeeeeeeee.
you crack me up.
and i neeeeeed your email addy.
cuz
well
i miss you.
and i love my coffee mug.
:) :) :)
xoxoxo,
g