Monday, March 01, 2010

no 304 again with the pity party to poland

so this week past us now (thank the heavens!!)
was
a serious doozey.
it was beyond hard giving the reigns to my new me
while i encouraged her not to
BE
me
but rather
be herself
a loving teacher person who i know was the perfect choice for my smarties.

cutting the cord was really tough
tough like
cutting pounds of onions crying
the type that stings your eyes but makes you keep going
until
you are unable to do any more-
just done.

on top of that was unsettling news about one of my smarties
and that
is all i'll say.

with dentist appointment after dentist appointment
i was a full on hot mess by friday afternoon.
m.e.s.s.
and not at all in a cute way.

thank heaven for the friends who
will drive you 6 hours no matter how you look or smell-
will drive you 6 hours into another country
without
THEIR passports or international drivers licenses
(i did have mine-apparently just in case!!)
will drive you 6 hours into a magical
(and somehow frozen in another time)
land of pottery
and
after 2 days of
"pick me up and dust me off" spending
will drive me 6 hours home again...in hurricane gale winds.

still a hot mess,
but,
a hot mess with some kick a** polish pottery!!

umarmen und lieben
essie

ps hot mess love goes to the hubby who managed casa h in my absence, and let me run away from my hot mess life...i love you!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Good for you, Aunt Essie. We all need a little "me" time every now and then and it certainly sounds like it's been much needed from your end. I'm glad you were able to get away and enjoy a trip that involves friends and pottery, some of your favorite things. I hope the new job started off with a bang today and everything starts falling into place.

XOXO,
J

e said...

OH E2.
How I wish I could pick up the phone and HEAR you...
I hope the new job is perfect.
And that your hot-mess-HOT-self is feeling better.
LOVE you. xox