Thursday, September 18, 2008

The sweetest sorry

was the one I heard so many times a day-
"Sahwee Harry"
"Sahwee Rahn"
"Sahwee Turnie"

When my phone rang last week, I cried tears of joy, you were right there wanting lunch, chinese?
rice?
time together?
time on the phone for a day well done.

We used to call Tony that way-you would laugh and yell into the phone
"Toonneeey" and tell him everything about life in Virginia and make him tell you everything about life where he was in the world...

I hope wherever you are tonight the memories of those calls, those special special days, the fun we had together, the trouble we caused, them smile you put on the face of every person you called friend-that those moments of your life are cradling you into a loving eternal sleep.

Dulce Maria Wahdan.

We will all love you forever.
We will never, ever forget you.
Your life was a gift-
I will thank G-d every day for the rest of my life for the time I had with you.
You made me a better teacher, you made me a better person, you made me want to make the world a better place.

I miss your voice already-
I promise to take good care of Rahn...
I promise.
I love you honey, with all my heart-
Harry

3 comments:

e said...

i'm so sorry essie.
i'm sending you love my dear. xe

Chrissy said...

I'm glad you were able to talk to her last week and have one last chat. It was her time and she's up there watching us to make sure we are behaving!

Love You.

Rahn

Quentin said...

beautiful words.