Tuesday, April 10, 2012

april showers bring may flowers...right?

everyone reading knows that birthdays are among my favorite things
birthdays for OTHER people that is-
my birthday
usually hits smack dab in the middle of some natural disaster OR standardized testing week.

not the best name, Esther, for a close to Easter baby...
that was 3rd grade and the year the all the boys in my class
(a few girls too)
renamed me "Easter Egg Esther"

lovely

this birthday hasn't begun any differently...waaay too much drama
when all i really wanted was
one day
reading magazines in the sun
giving kids money to spend on overpriced food
maybe
just maybe
a little sunburnt by the time to go home.

instead
I'm a slave to my computer...
rewriting a decade old handbook

"good times" she yells from the stands
i can always hope for next year, right?

1 comment:

gabbyfek said...

i wish you were on miranda drive.
so i could take you to the beach for a belated birthday celebration, complete with thermos full of pineabus.
love you. love love love.
xoxo.