Tuesday, November 30, 2010

no. 343 heartfelt thanks

i cannot begin to describe everything i'm thankful for-
my heart knows what my head can't always find the words for
which
is often times good enough for me.

lately though
life has been
hard
really
really
quite difficult and very
very unpleasant
and now with the heels of a lovely restorative holiday behind me
back come the words, so, here goes:

"a hard fall" can mean more than one thing...
this fall, down i went-
what went with me, my confidence and my ability to trust

my thanks this year came
(naturally)
in the form of the man who took me on 18 years ago without looking back
him
and the family we've carved from our life together;
my three baby owls, whatever in the world would i be without you?

the friend who knows me sometimes better than i know myself
taking seconds to share common words of hope
in spite of insane "kotel living" (remember mr. ben and the "kotels!") for 4 months that would make any reasonable person certifiable after 4 days!
those single moments that become our life line phone calls...we really should have paid better attention to how good we had it back on miranda drive...
ah well
until mr. nestle gets his act together-seconds, moments, phone calls will do!

a little boy who keeps his car seat in my car
safely defining where he fits in my heart
and his beautiful momma (to be) a daddy who came home to them-
what joy awaits around yonder bend for this little family

cows.
the dairy.
a dedicated and devoted family we found by accident
bringing me "round aboot" to pieces of myself...
chance becomes great, good, fortune
and
friendship for life.

heartfelt thanks indeed
for love, friendship, guidance, perspective, kindness, more love and family.
always family.

i love you tony
e

1 comment:

e said...

making me cry again es.
life line phone calls... you don't know how true that is.
i so needed to hear your voice today... and cry w/ you.
{and clearly cry again now}
the fix you line...
yeah...
that will get me every time.
you are my person.
i love you. xoxox