Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Momma's Freak Flags

so...this weekend I had a staff development (mandatory-natch!)and no one to watch the kiddos (as Team Leader is currently overseas, protecting the world from devestation). Mom and Dad got here at 9pm that night (missing the staff dev. entirely, but what the hay, the house was still standing when I got home!) stayed for a yummo bisghetti dinner and then took my bean-ahs and LEFT.

Yup. They left.

And called me at 3am to let me know they were back in VA safe and sound. Mom and Dad gave me 48 hours of total alone time-something I am SO not accustom too-and something I probably wasted, as I had no clue what to do with myself! Given that I am convinced "Early Stages" are setting in I make lists for everything due in my life and made a list for how this time should ideally be spent. (It was good in theory-really it was!)

This list was a doozey!

I realized when I was only 2 items down my list, that I neeeded a backup plan...(Plan B so to speak, since my obsessive listing is Plan A.) That's when everything clicked and I grabbed my camera.

For 2o minutes I walked around our entire house taking snaps of EVERYTHING that freaks me out-all the little things that turn me into a total screaming banshee. I took photos of them all.

Whatever in the world for, you ask...simple. The most amazing "here it is, flying in your face" scrapbook that only a tired mother could appreciate. I'm calling this soon to be masterpiece:
"Momma's Freak Flags"

The idea being that if this family of mine could see all that makes me crazy, they might, just might do something to help me out...wash a dish, fold a shirt, walk a dog, make a bed, hang up a wet towel. You name it. Then, in my parallel universe I would take snaps of beautifully finished products, so my Harrison peeps could see how lovely life could be.

How grand!

Mom and Dad left today, after doing one thing that had been plaguing me for days-they did the impossible and cleaned Preston's room.

It is glorious. You can actually see his bed, the window and amazingly, his floor! I had forgotten what it looked like! It's the first perfect freak flag snap I'm taking for this album, it commands center stage I believe.

Leave it to Gaia and GrandpaDad to give me the most heartfelt gift ever...
*sigh*

hugs and love folks,
e

1 comment:

e said...

oh dear lord...i love you and your freak flags. i miss you SO MUCH.
Now that all five of us...yes, all FIVE of us are over strep throat...I will be calling you this weekend.
I LOVE YOU.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxe